Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mini Organization: What do to with all the magazines

Have magazines taken over your life... are they filling  up all your cubbyholes?  Crawling out from under your bed at night to torment you?

I will admit that I have a problem...  everything from cooking, home and gardening, decorating... I even suspect the have started to breed on their own.  So even though I chickened out on cleaning and organizing one of my disastrous rooms I decided to wrangle up the glossies and get them under control. 

Step 1- Collect all magazines in a pile/find good music to listen to

Step 2- Go through and tear out the pages that have things you like- personally I keep useful guides, decorating ideas, DIY instructions... think of it as if you personally are an old school RSS feeder 

Step 3- File away physically or trim down even more using a scanner and your computer. I decided to cut down on the decorating clutter and group the pictures into rooms before scanning.  I like this best because now all the blogs I follow and magazine pull outs are in the same place
Master Bedroom 


 Guest Bedroom


 Kitchen/Diner


Living Room


Step 4- Recycle... or Re-purpose!

If you take the time to go through your files once a month you can further filter and remind yourself about projects that you wanted to do.  How do you organize the madness?

No comments:

Post a Comment